Sunday 22 February 2009

The Vodou Trojan Horse

I'm typing this through a haze of drum and bass soundwaves that are causing everything in my flat to vibrate. I live in the middle floor of a building with three flats, meaning I get noise from both above me (grumpy old man whose washing machine goes into a spin cycle in the early hours of the morning) and downstairs (Burberry-hatted DJ type who sets off fire alarms at 4 am and who plays his music SO GODDAMN LOUD THAT MY REFRIDGERATOR IS ACTUALLY STARTING TO SHAKE).

How does a Vodouisant deal with problems from the neighbours? Of course my first answer is the same one as anybody else would hopefully give as their answer - let them know in a polite but firm manner that ONE MORE BASS LINE MAKING ITS WAY THROUGH MY LIVING ROOM FLOOR AND UP TO MY EARS IS GOING TO RESULT IN SEVERE INJURY FOR HIS STEREO. No, not really. I tried to knock on his door to ask him to turn it down, but he isn't answering. Presumably because he can't hear me above his own din. So, five minutes ago I used a piece of magic I like to refer to as the Vodou version of the Trojan Horse. It's yet to take effect as I doubt he's read the note yet, but let's hope he does so soon.

I wrote my neighbour a note telling him that the soundproofing between our flats isn't particularly effective and asking him to turn the volume down. I then dressed the paper with Bend Over Oil, chanting a little mantra of "not what you will, but what I will" as I smoked it over Baron Samedi's black St Michael candle. I then folded the paper and wrote the number of his flat on the outside, dressing that with more oil for good measure. When dressing names in compelling or domination magic, I put a drop of the oil on my thumb and then literally cross out the name on the paper. If I have the signature of the person that's ideal, but if I don't, then I just write it with any pen I have to hand. It is of course a very basic form of sympathetic magic; symbolically imposing my will on the name of the target.

So why do I call it a Trojan horse? Because people tend to take letters inside their house before they read them. Even if they ignore the notes and put them straight in the bin, the oil is still there is their home; on their hands and their door itself, working away even if it's done from inside a rubbish bin. The magic is there whether they remember the existence of the note or not.

That's actually one of my favourite tricks, and one I gladly pass on to you. It doesn't have to be used just for domination and Bend Over spells; try High John Oil on a memo to your boss before a performance review, for example.

Of course I realise that many people shy away from this type of magic entirely, believing that it's morally and ethically wrong to perform any type of magic which seeks to impose the will of the practitioner on others. That's fine and I appreciate that; but it's not what I believe. I think there's a time, when normal everyday methods fail or just wouldn't work, to use this type of magic. I do however think that overuse of coercive magic is no way to live, especially if it's targeted towards friends or loved ones.

Except if they have a really powerful stereo.

1 comment:

Hounsi Sophia said...

The way I see it, some people are more persuasive than others, some are stronger, and some are prettier, and all these factors will weigh heavily on whether or not these people get what they want. Using magic is just another way of achieving influence, although because it can sometimes take alot of time and effort (although not really in this case), it is not always appropriate as a first choice.

Like you suggested n the past, what's the difference between alluring someone with one of those super-expensive pheromone perfumes and using magic to get their sexual attention? Both are invisible to the person. I also believe that if the target has alot of protective spirits around them, the magic will not always work. We are not all created equal; to refuse to use magic on the basis of "but it's influencing their will" assumes this equality.

Naturally, those you love or are close friends with would not appreciate being constantly influenced by your magic - just as manipulating one's husband through certain persuasive techniques will only work for so long before he starts to feel used.